AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD Row sense to Ag Leader steering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 9/4/2021 08:45 (#9201867 - in reply to #9200725)
Subject: RE: JD Row sense to Ag Leader steering

East Central, Nebraska
if you have the equipment sitting there i fully understand but i have decided on my own farm i will never set out on the journey your about to again. i will in the future buy the deere stuff to go into my deere combine.

the 660 already has a 2630 on the armrest ordered by the dealer that way but i went ahead and thought i had to have all agleader like your about to do and ill tell you it is a cluster. i have installed the modules for yield bypassing the deere system, i installed a steercommand for steering and a truesight2 for corn head guidance. they all work together well but even though the s series has an abundance of cab space to hide wires, it is still a wiring nightmare. the truesight and steer command work hand in hand as i can engage either at any time when i am in corn. it is kind of handdy because my wife can engage the agleader steering to find the correct row to use to break through and then go back to the feelers. other than that im not totally impressed with what i did. downfalls along with all the wires is i lost some combine features not using a deere gps, i have 3 steering sensors on the machine (deere, headsight, and agleader), and on the headsight i went with the isobus route so it takes up about half my screen on the agleader. after you initialize it you can go out of it though there is no good indicator it is engaged and if you go too fast it puts itself in highway mode and you have to go back in and initialize it so it can be engaged.

with it all said and done, i have the incommands for all the other stuff i do but after i bought the combine kit, steercommand, and headsight i could have bought a deere rtk globe and a header guidance unlock and took 3 seconds to plug it in and go. not trying to discourage you but after it is all said and done i sat there and said was this worth it? it was not.

if agleader is listening they need to figure out how to tap into deere combines and just make it work without having to do a full install. i don't understand how they can utilize the steering in a tractor but its such a pain for a combine. i dont understand how deere can use their harvest sensors but you have to add all this stuff to make it work. too many wires to put in to a new combine this day and age. back in the day if we wanted technology we had to add it. now its already there, in the future im just going to use it.

Edited by caseihfarmer 9/4/2021 08:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)