AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

50-60hp Kubota vs Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 8/7/2021 08:39 (#9150718 - in reply to #9149709)
Subject: RE: 50-60hp Kubota vs Deere

Thumb of Michigan
This is always going to gravitate towards brand loyalty and perceptions. There are good and bad dealers with both colors, so it becomes pretty localized as to what the right choice is.

I have a M125X I bought used to replace a 4440. Its a lighter tractor, not a "fair" comparison. Knew that when I bought it. The Kubota is a smaller tractor, but I needed about that much power to run mowers. Its done everything I wanted it to do.

I looked at 4 different colors when I bought a 3560 Grand a few years ago. Then, LS built their branded tractor, as well as Case IH and NH. Where the tractor is getting used, theres an LS dealer and a JD dealer that are actually closest. I think both dealers are fine.

I got it down to orange or green. On the two models I thought were comparable, a couple things kind of swayed me orange. The first was fuel fill location. You can fill the Kubota standing on the ground. Couldn't do that on the JD's I was looking at. That obviously may be different now. Next thing was the operation of the forward and reverse pedal. I can't recall now what the JD had, it was clumsy is what I thought then. I thought the Kubota's may be as well (its a HST), but so far, its been good. Lastly, the JD dealer was pretty sure I wanted their particular loader attachment system. Took a conversion set up of some kind to make skid steer stuff work, if I wanted to go that way. Again, my memory isn't real good about that now, but at the time I thought that it was an expensive deal for what should have been a simple solution. At minimum, the solution wasn't convenient.

All that stuff could be different now, don't know. I'm really happy with both Kubota'a, and would definitely buy again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)