AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about Beck's Seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 8/5/2021 11:02 (#9147714 - in reply to #9147040)
Subject: RE: Tell me about Beck's Seed

Southern IA
Bhrfarms - 8/4/2021 21:53

Is it the seed dealer's fault you had sds? There are varieties that are strong and weak against sds and seed treatments that help also, but in the end, its my choice of what seed gets planted on my farm. Yes it would be disappointing and a financial hit to have sds bad in our beans, but that is kind of an act of God and I wouldn't solely put it on the seed dealer. Not sure what they are supposed to do to stop it if its a bad year for it.

what is the point of a dealer if they can't place varieties and try to help the grower minimize risk? Might as well order seed on a website and drop all the overhead costs. For as much as Beck's brags up their cadillac seed treatment and prices their 130k units along with others 140k units and talks about how they are with their growers every step of the way, you'd think their would be phenomenal customer support to go with it. 95% of the seed dealers are glorified order takers out reciting all the lines they learned at dealer training camp. A guy like StarAg who posts here providing you guidance on seed placement would be worth every penny and more of his dealer commission, but those type of guys aren't always well received by the marketing department because they don't follow the marketing script for the year and are looking out for their customers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)