AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tmx 2050 and agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 8/7/2021 14:37 (#9151302 - in reply to #9150384)
Subject: RE: Tmx 2050 and agleader

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
I will try to break this down step by step to find what you are missing, so we can help you figure it out. Here is what you should need. You will need a second radio for this to work.

Your 6500 base set to output RTCM with a Relay attached to it set to a known channel if 900 mhz radio or known frequency if equipped with 450 mhz radio.

At the tractor end, you will need another Relay or compatible Freewave radio set to the same channel (900 mhz) or frequency (450mhz). This will get the 2 radios communicating.
You will need a harness that supplies power to this radio via an external source or from the 2050 expansion cable. I am not sure which pin it is on the 2050. Jim should be able to tell you for sure. On an FM750 power is pin 9. It will also have to have the TX pin from the Relay go to the RX pin on a 750 it is pin 3 and ground is pin 8. These need to go the pins on the Relay for RX, Power and Ground. Last thing on the radio is the set the output baud rate 38,400 for an example.

Now on the 2050, you will have to set the correct port that is receiving the RTCM signal from the radio to RTCM input at the same baud rate as the radio is outputting. In the RTK setup there may be a place you have to change the correction type to RTCM (probably V3).

Radio antenna can go on the roof of the tractor. It does not need to be on the scraper or tile plow. I prefer them on the tractor, so it is always high in the air.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)