AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader speed output
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/22/2021 07:26 (#9122919 - in reply to #9122355)
Subject: RE: Agleader speed output

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am doing what should be the same thing. Your 6500 should have a speed out branch in its harness which is likely not connected to anything at the moment. An adapter cable is needed to go from that branch to the 3 pin Conxall connector on the back of the Raven 440.

The Raven 440 would need to be set in SP2 or radar speed input. Test with a Raven speed cal of around 650 or so and adjust as necessary.

The 6500 must be setup to output a radar like signal on that branch. I'm using an InCommand 1200 but I assume the situation is the same for your Versa in that a special message is typed into the Versa which gets sent to the 6500 to setup the radar output correctly. This message consists of two lines of typing. The first is the code to setup the radar output. The second is to "save" it for the future. If it is not saved, the signal will work fine to the Raven but you would need to repeat the process every time you restart so use the Save code also so it will work every time. This should be a one time deal for any 6500, however, if the 6500 gets an update, the message is turned OFF and you would need to type it in again. This has only happened once for me.

I do this with three 6500's in tractors. This signal is used to feed true ground speed back to the tractor dash. That way I have PerCent slip etc. on the tractor as if the tractors had a real radar gun. It is used with a Raven 450 in one tractor. I did need to go into the tractor dash on one tractor to fine tune the speed a bit. In your case just adjust the Raven speed cal as necessary to get the Raven to show the same speed as the Versa.

I have printed out this code on a slip of paper that I have in each tractor. I don't have it in front of me at the moment but could find it if you decide to go this route. My adapter cable was produced by L&D Ag Hartland, MN. I'm sure Ag Express and other sources would have them also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)