AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight quit painting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dingleberry
Posted 5/13/2009 12:04 (#712202)
Subject: Insight quit painting

New to us this year is a Case 4260 sprayer with an Insight direct command and Raven RGL 500 lightbar. Wouldn't you know I get to learn spraying for a friend of ours that has about 40 acres spread out in about 9 fields (that is not an exaggeration). Anyway, things had been working as well as could be expected for such small fields, I really hadn't had a chance to mess with the lightbar, as it really wasn't needed. I finally get to a decent field, around 12 acres, and the insight would not paint. It was counting acres, reading rate, doing everything it was supposed to do, except paint the map. I tried rebooting the Insight, but that did not help. I did not use Autoboom in this field to see if it acted right, I just figured it would not.

We are running on WAAS. So I thought maybe I had lost that and was simply running off the radar, but the lightbar seemed to be working like it was supposed to. I sprayed two small fields where everything was working, went down the road probably 20 minutes (without shutting the insight down, am I supposed to?), and as soon as I started this field, no paint.

When I got back to the homeplace with the machine, I shut everything down, refired and things seemd to be back on track. Is this something that is going to happen to me regularly as long as I am running with WAAS or did something else cause my issue?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)