AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best drill stops I've found, not expensive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 6/9/2021 18:36 (#9050369)
Subject: Best drill stops I've found, not expensive

East central Iowa

A drill stop is a device that you use mostly on a hand held drill to keep the drill from drilling deeper than a certain amount.

I've  had a few different ones.  Ones that had a collar with a screw that tightened against the drill bit flute.  They didn't hold very good and the screw were too small to make good contact, especially on small bits.  I had others that stripped out the threads.

Then I had some aluminum ones that were split and clamped the bit but these stripped out after a few uses or the aluminum galled from the steel Allen screw.

Finally I found these at Home Depot, they're steel, they have a steel Allen headed screw and they fit my Bosch and Milwaukee bits perfectly.  They hold and tighten just fine.  They cost me $19.26 shipped to my door.

I've no idea if anybody has a need for them but I haven't found these steel ones anywhere else.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/POWERTEC-1-8-3-16-1-4-5-16-3-8-7-16-1-2-in-Steel-Drill-Bit-Stop-Collar-with-Split-Ring-Design-and-Size-Markings-Set-of-7-71491/313566720

(drill-stops (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments drill-stops (full).JPG (52KB - 201 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)