AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a shirt wood chips and dust won't stick to?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bnRidgefarm
Posted 6/11/2021 08:14 (#9053030 - in reply to #9049936)
Subject: RE: a shirt wood chips and dust won't stick to?

SE Wisconsin
About the same situation then as here. Bulk chips and dust go in the barrel, but the remainder gets spread around or launched in the air. The router and scroll saw are the main culprits, and the table saw when used in a situation where the overhead guard needs to be out of the way. So there are chips and dust. The last time I had access to a fully capable dust collection system was in high school. Of course they had a monster separator outside, with strong suction at every machine, and from all angles over and around. I don't remember dust inside being an issue, at all. Kids didn't leave smothered in chips, no one needed to change, no one got the broom out to sweep people off before they left. Sounds funny, but those collectors really collected. Not sure if different fabrics would eliminate any of the problem. Keep it contained somehow is all. As a side note - guys with respiratory issues are hyper sensitive to dust, and go to great lengths to "eliminate" it. I think of your hand planing situation - a large downdraft table would be something they would come up with to eliminate "everything" coming off that board. But room and equipment then may be an issue.
Your work with hand tools is commendable, and builds skill sets that translate to a lot of other areas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)