AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Livestock Trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nickeischeid
Posted 5/28/2021 16:35 (#9030120 - in reply to #9029294)
Subject: RE: Best Livestock Trailer

North central TX
Galaxie64 - 5/28/2021 08:01

I get a kick out of everyone in the East that thinks a steel trailer won't last in CO.

We always had good luck with Titan's. Clean them out every once and a while and you can easily go 20yrs. I was looking recently and can't believe how expensive the 24' ones are though. Used to be a $10K-$12K trailer now I see they are flirting with $20K.

Murdocks used to be a Titan dealer but I don't think they are any more.

Dad has an 18' steel travalong that he custom ordered with 36" sides in 1993. Its finally starting to show its age with some of the panels along the floor, especially in the passenger side front corner, starting to rust through from having manure piled up along them. The only trouble has been the rear slide gate rubbing a hole on the top track of the gate and the brakes needed replaced and the wiring to them repaired after about 25 yrs each. All in all I'd recommend a travalong for a steel trailer, but we don't travel on salted roads regularly either.

I'm looking to buy a trailer and am looking aluminum. The Travalum and Wilson trailers are tops on my list right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)