AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will I like having a 2 track tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/5/2022 04:53 (#9965892 - in reply to #9965084)
Subject: RE: Will I like having a 2 track tractor?

Chebanse, IL.....

We have and have had, 3 of the JD tracks. 2x of the 8xxx & 1x 9570RT. We don't have hills, so that's not a concern. We do have wet holes, so we are familiar with those. We have been stuck one time with the 9xxx a few yrs back. We've had JD tracks since the 8310 models....whatever year that was.

Not sure what they mean by "figuring how to turn...."? The tractors will turn on a dime if you want. But, they will berm doing that. The wider 24"+ tracks berm less than the 18" tracks. We have 1x 8335RT with 18" tracks and another with 24" tracks. We do everything except row-crop cultivate & mow road ditches with the tracks. 

Road travel on rough-hard roads can be a concern. You might have to slow to 20 mph. Get on a gravel or dirt road & it's 26 mph all the time. 

Maintenance? Not a big problem. I think with the 3 tractors we have, we've replaced a total of 3 bogie wheels in all the years. Not one of our main maintenance concerns. We do a fair amount of road travel with the tracks & belt wear seems to be better than tire wear on MFWD tractors.

We plant, disk, chisel, field cultivate, plant, sidedress NH3, pull grain cart, etc etc with 2-tracks. Autopilot accuracy with the 2 tracks is great.

I would like to try a 4 track 8RX sometime, but the 2 tracks serve us fine.

(DJI_0010 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0165 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0043 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0010 (full).JPG (138KB - 36 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0165 (full).JPG (116KB - 30 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0043 (full).JPG (166KB - 30 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)