AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will I like having a 2 track tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tom N
Posted 12/4/2022 21:01 (#9965634 - in reply to #9965366)
Subject: RE: Will I like having a 2 track tractor?

Missouri river bottom south of Sioux City, IA
If it was not for the high price and availability, the JD 8RX beats the 2 track in the 400 hp or less power range.

It does not leave a berm when turning. The tracks don’t slip on the drive wheels in mud because of the track lugs lock into the drive wheels. You can use positive lock on all four tracks for pulling in wet ground conditions. More track footprint on the ground then a two track. No issues with driving over a ridge in the field or concrete edge through your shop door like you have on a 2 track where the tractor tips down when over center. I have run both Cat and JD two tracks for over 20 years and the 8RX beats them hands down with the smoothest ride.

The 8RX 410 with 24 inch tracks worked good on the 1200 bushel grain cart, 12 row 3pt Orthman striptill bar and 16 row 3pt planter. The 8RX 370 on 18 inch tracks with IVT transmission will get fitted with Demco 1000 gallon side mount tanks to use with 80 foot 3pt sprayer boom and will pull a 60 foot 3pt side dress bar.
The 8RX 410 will pull the same tillage implements that I used with my 9520RX, so thinking about selling it.

Tom N.

(JD 8RX (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JD 8RX (full).jpg (133KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)