AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RR1 saved seed story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/17/2009 06:55 (#971121 - in reply to #971106)
Subject: Re: RR1 saved seed story...royalties

Chebanse, IL.....

So, why don't they do like other industries & allow user royalties, or whatever the correct term is? I know for a fact that most mfg have lawyers that search & research patents of competitors to see if there's a way around them, that's their first choice....and they label us seed savers "pirates", yet those are cunning businessmen. If they can't find a way around the legal patent, they often go ahead & "challenge" if it's worth the risk. If it doesn't look worth the risk, they pay a royalty to the patent holder. You read about this every day.

Anyway, if Mr Stine, or Mr Asgrow, or whoever, wanted $1.00 per unit from us to plant their patented seed that we would save, we'd pay it. If we decided we wanted to become a seed dealer & REsell their seed, then it should have more value paid to them, I guess due to profits. It really doesn't matter WHO holds the patents on beans, if no one plants them that holder gets $0.00.

How this would all be implemented, I don't know. However I know there are some very clever & conniving people in STL that could figure out a way to collect the royalty that I'm offering for saving Company X's patented bean seed.

Now, if they're going to make the royalty $20 per unit, then it's a joke. I'm 100% for legalizing seed saving, irregardless of traits....once again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)