AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I don’t hunt, but Jr. got his first deer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sri
Posted 12/1/2020 22:42 (#8638834 - in reply to #8631707)
Subject: RE: I don’t hunt, but Jr. got his first deer.

nw pa
MaineFarmer - 11/29/2020 04:25

father trained us not to mind the smell of a paunched deer.I was ten or so ,dad shot a deer ,snow on ground ,forgot his knife,came to the house got snowmobile and sled and my sister, brother and I went with him to retrieve the deer.He does the gutting and we bemoaned the smell,he proceeded to show us what the deer had eaten recently,,looky here ,,it ate this crab apple whole,,,he take s a bite out of that apple,,,I think it is ingrained into my brain the noise we made when dad swallowed that apple bite,hehe

When your ten sometimes your dads sense of humor and yours are opposite .. I remember when I was ten and the old man was showing me how to tell a warm deer track from and cold one.. Followed it till crapped ,he reached down and through few pellets in his mouth, said they aren't more than hour old ,not froze.. Asked me to try them.. well wasn't having any part of that.. That night when he emptied his coat pocket all these junior mints cam out with a smile,, I used it years later on my own kids..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)