AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LL vs RUP vs non GMO beans my thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

T800
Posted 8/8/2009 13:07 (#804225 - in reply to #804080)
Subject: Re: LL vs RUP vs non GMO beans my thoughts

Lee Co
I had the same problem with corn in the ignite beans. the lable says NOTHING about the corn needing to have growing point out of ground. they wanted you to spray 22 oz. 22 days after emergence Well we know there is no way crn has a growing point out of the ground in 22 days when iots then about 6 leaf. The response I was getting fram the Bayer reps was "Thats why the label says may need second application" I was up frontwith them stating I had storm damage last yer and had alot of rr corn that could be a p[roblem and that was why I wanted to try the ignite. they apperently all new the issue because I asked 4 different Bayer reps and they all kenw the growing point needed to be out of the ground but they didn't make it known prior to purchas of the seed. I have no use for the ignite program as posted above the cost of chem. is double that o the RR system. I wiould rather use 38 oz of RR and know I killed all weeds than try ignite again.

I also think the conventionals can have potential again because the roundup has depleted the "weed bank" down to a managable amount of potential weed seeds to germinate compared to 10 years ago. I see alot cleaner fields all over the country side and thnk this is the result of less weeds going to seed because of the round up use.

Edited by T800 8/8/2009 13:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)