AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sometimes things work out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 3/18/2019 09:02 (#7386917)
Subject: Sometimes things work out

Driftless SW Wisconsin

We're finally getting some spring weather with days above freezing and snow melting. I figured I would finally pull the bulls from the cows and last spring's calves and separate the calves from the cows who are now about 40 days from the start of calving. Most cows have self-weaned their calves but a few are still nursing big calves. I'm about a month late due to the weather and snows.

I cleaned a winters worth of manure out of the lane with the skid steer ahead of loading my Tested bull 33 in the trailer and went to get a pitch fork to clean out the small holding area when who follows me into the holding area but bull 33 with an entourage of cows right behind him!  I said thank you very much, closed the holding area gate and threw in a couple small bales of good horse hay as a treat.

Sometimes things work out!

(IMG040 Bull 33 followed me into holding area 031719 (full).jpg)

(IMG043 Cows followed 33 into lane gave them a small square hay treat 031719 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG040 Bull 33 followed me into holding area 031719 (full).jpg (183KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments IMG043 Cows followed 33 into lane gave them a small square hay treat 031719 (full).jpg (141KB - 139 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)