AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fleet Farm / Farm and Fleet oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 3/2/2019 08:34 (#7353656 - in reply to #7353388)
Subject: RE: Fleet Farm / Farm and Fleet oil

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
teach84 - 3/2/2019 04:44

knew a young man years ago who worked for an oil company. His job was to fill 2,1/2 gallon jugs with engine oil out of a fill tube. Same oil went into many brands of labels. He named all the major tractor companies by name. This was a city kid who had no business knowing all the names he spoke, unless he had some direct contact with them, had no reason to lie. Additionally I know from different sources that gasoline shipped into this region all comes from the same facilities. The only difference there could be is an additive package "if" it is added at the storage facility on this end

I've read the term "additive package" more on NAT in the past 2 weeks than I can remember. Anyone actually know what these so called "additive packages" really are?

When I was much younger my father drove a truck for a living. I would ride with him from time to time. Once I went with him to Springfield, MO I believe to a canning factory. They were putting labels on cans of green beans. The same exactl metal cans of green beans were coming down the line and getting a cheaper store brand label and when the big roll of labels ran out they swapped it for DelMonte labels and kept on going. The cans didn't change but the labels sure did and the price went up accordingly. There were no additive packages added to those cans, nothing more than a different label glued to the can and the price doubled. I can't help but imagine that goes on in many other products also including oils and greases. The same goes with fuels too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)