AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work Comp....on the farm employee.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 1/16/2019 12:37 (#7249121 - in reply to #7248979)
Subject: RE: Work Comp....on the farm employee.....

Southern Missouri
In Missouri farms are not required to carry it and a 10 or 20 mil dollar liability umbrella is much cheaper and easier than carrying it,I also own a business that is required by Missouri to carry wc,and of course we do there,but it’s a seasonal business and as soon as those employees are moved to the farm and taken off the business payroll and switched to farm they become a less expensive worker,also have to carry high rates of medical coverage for the farm policy in case of an injury and we’ve had a couple and everything was paid as should have been,same agent covers both the farm and the business and he’s very aware of how we do it,I carried it on farm for a while and then had an aerial applicator that I still use and use a lot that my farm wc company found out didn’t carry workman’s comp and my wc company was going to make me pay wc on amount of work he did for me,was going to be very expensive,they discovered this while my wc company was doing an audit on my labor,at a meeting with myself ,my agent and wc auditors I had did my homework all the while and along with my agent and at the meeting I explained to the auditors I was dropping their policy on my farm labor immediately and they could leave my office,never paid that wc charge they were trying to charge me on that aerial applicator and haven’t had it on my farm labor since that day,certainly wouldn’t say some day could regret it but my agent knows how everything we have is setup and insured and he tells me I’m safe,lord knows we pay a lot of insurance bills.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)