AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which laptop would you buy a high school grad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 4/30/2009 17:48 (#698646 - in reply to #697902)
Subject: Re: Which laptop would you buy a high school grad?

I come in peace - let me make that clear! :)

Did you/they contact Apple or attempt to get it looked at through a certified Apple shop? Sounds like there was something wrong with it - and yes, Apple does suffer from occasional manufacturing issues the same as any other company.

My brother recently switched to an iMac after several years of running PC's. He would have to have the Geek Squad come out (50 miles) to set his Windows machines up on his home network. I tried once - and got his Vista laptop connected to the net, but could not get it networked with his other XP unit. He had to call Geek Squad to do that and it was never reliable - would loose the XP machine about once/week. He finally had enough and bought his iMac. Having never ran a Mac himself, he volunteered me to help him with setup. Within 10 min it was connected to his network AND his XP machine and has been rock solid for 4 months now. I spent a couple of hours showing him how to use OS X and he is now a "convert" and is looking to upgrade his XP unit to a Mac as well. Like me, he now wishes he had switched years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)