AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cover Crop vs Cash Crop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BobRecker
Posted 1/16/2018 08:41 (#6509046 - in reply to #6507632)
Subject: RE: Cover Crop vs Cash Crop

Folks, I think perhaps my work triggered the conversation in this thread. I'll be presenting essentially the same material that I did this past weekend in Storm Lake at the Practical Farmers of Iowa meeting in Ames this coming weekend, at 2:30 - 3:40 pm on Saturday, 20 Jan 2018. The 60" work was originally done as part of a broader test program looking at sunlight harvest for corn and providing sunlight and space for cover crops for soil health and erosion protection purposes. The 60 inch rows were done more on a dare from a friend, so I just did a few because it was "easy." The results took me completely by surprise. Even more surprising was the interest shown by folks who see this as excellent grazing potential. Ref Loran's post of the imagery below. His photos are the essence of the work, but I will provide corn yield data. I'm not doing that here to be secretive, but to prevent getting all tangled up in partial stories, too short responses, and unreasonable expectations. I don't have all the answers, and I don't have anything to sell, no jugs, steel, or seeds. And the sunlight is free, if you can get it. I hope to see some of you in Ames at the Scheman center on Saturday. It seems the weather will be almost balmy. Depending on how that goes, I may host a webinar on this topic in February, but no commitments yet. Check out http://practicalfarmers.org Bob Recker
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)