AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do if this is the quality of job you paid for?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

flyin45
Posted 11/18/2017 19:40 (#6374010)
Subject: What would you do if this is the quality of job you paid for?

WC Illinois
Had local coop do sum nh3 just because this has been a late fall and have been running behind. Was going good till it started to get wet but forecast looks good for next week. Everybody around was shutdown except I get a get a call from somebody driving by saying they were running on my ground. It had rained all morning and was wet to begin with, I really thought he was joking. They run 3 rigs and the other 2 were sitting and of course this is my hel ground which is the last place I'd be running in these conditions and there was no loose dirt to cover the trench simply cause of it being mud. I will say they've done quite a few acres so far and done a good job but somebody made a bad judgement call here on which amounts to prolly 200 acres. Now it doesn't all look like this but you know it couldnt have sealed very well on any of it on top of the compaction now. I would have atleast liked a phone call before they ran in these conditions and I would never have let them especially with the next week of weather looking favorable. Half tempted to tell them im not paying for it because now I have a mess and who knows how much nh3 I've lost after just one day. Wondering what anybody else would do? And I know some will say in the end it's my responsibility what happens on my farm but when you turn in a large amount of acres and it might be a week or 2 before they get to some fields you kinda have to depend on them to use some judgement or atleast call in a situation like this I would think?

Edited by flyin45 11/18/2017 19:51

(20171118_103036.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20171118_103036.jpg (167KB - 50 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)