AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2017 vs previous years..... week 24
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ben Riensche
Posted 6/26/2017 19:15 (#6091374 - in reply to #6091141)
Subject: I am starting to wonder....

Jesup, IA
I am starting to wonder how much of this "reduced vegetation" is the poor progress of the soybean crop.

Memorial Day weekend and June 10th, I made it across the I States twice. ECB beans were unplanted, just sprouted, small and thin.

I thought I had been in the garden spot. But an afternoon in the sprayer (in Boone & Crockett country) has me thinking these 47-49 degree nights are not bringing the soybean crop on. I'm ready to hear the whole "I planted beans at an obscenely late planting date and they made 65 bpa" line. And they can. But they need to shift into gear here in NE IA.

And these are not late planted beans in the pics below. They are early May planted beans that simply are not anywhere near expectations. They were planted in good conditions, then May was simply cold. After a "flash drought" in early June, we are back to cool.

I suppose the could make really good beans, but the stars are going to have to line up. Heat, moisture, longer than usual growing season..... We are now past the longest day of the summer, and canopy seems to be a ways off.

Edited by Ben Riensche 6/26/2017 19:22

(IMG_1951.JPG)

(IMG_1952.JPG)

(IMG_1950.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1951.JPG (187KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1952.JPG (242KB - 92 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1950.JPG (186KB - 70 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)