AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Cold and Wet on the way..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 4/22/2017 11:28 (#5976726 - in reply to #5976663)
Subject: RE: More Cold and Wet on the way..

I'd say we got all of that or more Todd.. here.  Reports of 2"-3" followed by upwards of 4" followed by upwards of 1" to 2" all totals about 4" to 10" over the past two weeks or thereabouts.  Yes as dry as we were the first couple inches soaked in pretty nice.. but we just don't seem to get any drying weather save for a couple of days.. 

Personally I've run 2 days so far.. some have not even started yet on corn.  No herbacide down yet.

The wheat is yellow.. to some darker green.  I just don't believe we've put the fertility down given the price squeeze.. some fields are more yellow than green.  I know that we skipped the 2nd pass this year on alot of ours..  no doubt this will call for a fungicide.. some have already ruled it out...??  Not bad yet but conditions warrant it.

How they coming on the terminal down there by Milan?  Suppose to be online here in a month or so...  ( http://www.chsinc.com/our-company/news-and-media/news/2016/05/10/new-grain-terminal-slated-for-milan-kansas )

Plans for the facility include 7 million bushels of storage including upright and flat storage with receiving capacity of 100,000 bushels per hour by way of trucks. Rail load-out capacity will be in excess of 80,000 bushels per hour and will include a circle rail track capable of holding 120 railcars in addition to mainline locomotives with access to the BNSF 

We've seen a slight bump in corn basis here.. rolled to July.. getting calls from guys we haven't done business with for awhile.. I think the lower than expected Sorghum stocks.. lower than last year.. caught some a little off guard.

We've cleaned out enough to hold all the wheat.. hope we can hold the hail off..

later. 

Edited by JonSCKs 4/22/2017 11:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)