AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Piece of steel in eye
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

westman farmer
Posted 4/22/2017 09:09 (#5976588 - in reply to #5976315)
Subject: RE: Piece of steel in eye

Manitoba
I had something in my right eye at least 25 years ago. My eye was sore so I went to the family doctor. He couldn't find anything, but gave something to put on the eye. After a few days I went back and he said it had cleared up enough that he could see something right in the center. He was afraid of doing more damage so he sent me to a doctor that was supposed to be some kind of an eye doctor. Well that one made it worse by poking around with a Q-tip. Around that time, a friend that had had steel in his eye told me that a nurse had told him that they would send him to the best eye doctor in Manitoba, Dr. Rooney in Brandon . I went back to the family doctor and told him of my experience with the "eye doctor".
He then asked me, "Where do you want to go now?". I said "to Dr. Rooney in Brandon", so he sent me there. Dr. Rooney drilled something out and said it looked liked it had been something hot. After that is when my eye started feeling better.
I don't know if it is permanent damage in my right eye, my my vision in that eye has been worse than the left eye for many years. Both the optometrist and the ophthalmologist that did my cataracts a year ago said they could not see any damage. I had a Laser Posterior Capsulotomy done a month ago, but that did not seem to help.
Now I make sure I use eye protection when grinding or cutting metal.

I hope it works out good for you.

Sorry for the long post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)