AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

draper head - best way to transport
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ry0972
Posted 12/17/2008 19:32 (#537885 - in reply to #537756)
Subject: RE: draper head - best way to transport

central sask
Have a 36' honey bee with factory transport. Towed it 150 miles when i bought it and numerous 15 - 40 mile trips at harvest. Factory transports work good but i wouldn't go to far with one if i had other options.

#1 Use a 3/4 or 1 ton!!, don't like moving mine just around the yard with a 1/2 ton. Run only in daylight and try to have the lights working anyway. Borrow spare wheels( complete with the spindles ) from a neighbor,

#2 If you are gonna take a semi you might as well take the trailer too and haul it.

#3 If you put it on a trailer ( highboy or step deck or 30' carhauler) set it down flat (no transport).

We brought our first 36' HB home on a two wheel header trailer with the square tubing where the knife rests, it worked but wont do it again. Header is for our 8860HP CIH swather and was a nightmare to unload. With an adapter and using a combine might be ok.

We now have a header trailer with four 15" tires in the middle/rear and two wheels at the hitch. I think you could go cross country and just have to grease the hubs a few times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)