AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headline in furrow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/29/2014 20:30 (#4209458 - in reply to #4209360)
Subject: RE: headline in furrow

Morris, IL
jpartner - 11/29/2014 18:53

We used the headline injector from CR Supply. It worked flawlessly.  Only thing I would suggest is make sure the line from the tank to the metering pump is not to long that it creates a sway in  the line.  We had some settling of some of the headline carrier there.  Once we shortened the line, never another issue.

When you say "from the tank", are you referring to headline tank, 10 gallon with C&R setup, or a starter tank? Looking at the C&R setup looks like tank has a ball valve at the tank, then a elbow, hose up to bottom of injector pump doesn't look like much of any low spot beside the elbow. Maybe yours came different.

With our planter i have zero room for something that big or at least i don't think i do. So i'm thinking of buying a Dosatron and smaller tank from Dultmeier along with needed fittings and and setting it up to fit my planter. So this helps a lot. Don't know if you can see the plumping from this picture. But going to be moving the flow gauge trees more to center of planter and put the section valves right on them (trying to get quicker shut off/turn on response). So somewhere between the pump deal (black stand near on left half), and center of planter will be seeing where i can put this setup.

(IMG_0820.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0820.JPG (135KB - 145 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)