AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Germany also continues to take back gold.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 11/23/2014 12:40 (#4196113 - in reply to #4196042)
Subject: RE: SO Again,...

Napanee, Ontario
Never claimed to be 100% sure. I also never said that if something doesn't happen, it must be because of manipulation.

Just showing you that the price is in fact suppressed. That's a fact. People are being sued and paying money in reparations for doing it. So no, it's not simply a belief (religion), and people arn't crazy (what your's and many other's posts with a similar tone on this matter insinuate) Yes, It is a reality.

How much is the price effected? You have no idea. Neither do I. Obviously enough to make it worthwhile for banks to break the law and do, so enough to matter to me or any other honest investor i would think.

"I just get stirred up, I guess, when someone is just SO SURE of themselves about what MUST HAPPEN in any market."

It's what I THINK will happen. It's called taking a position.

You have a farm right? You must have a thought about the outcome of that investment or it would be foolish to continue holding it. Or about any asset holding. If you have wealth, it must be somewhere. In an asset. By virtue of it being there, you are taking a position about the outcome of it's future value, relative to all the other assets existing that you could be holding, whether you like it or not.

So If you honestly don't know, then by default you have no position with which to claim something is unlikely/ or likely, to happen. Every outcome is by default a 50% possibility, so how can you make any argument?

I'm trying to assign probabilities, take a position. I may not be 100% right, but I am going to try to get it right, so I am making a judgement call to plan affairs accordingly. At the end of the day a lot of people will be right, and a lot of people will be wrong on this one. That's how any market works. Participation is taking a position and making a call, to try and be in the "right camp". That's where diversification helps. If you have any wealth, you are participating whether you like it or not, and some of us don;t want to leave it all up to chance, and will make active decisions to grow and preserve wealth. The same active decisions that allowed it to originate in the first place. Sure, I could be wrong, But I think I will be right, and placing my bet accordingly on my horses with the hope that I am. Just like anyone else that has money in anything, and thinks they know something, and has their money there because of it.

Edited by OldMcdonald 11/23/2014 12:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)