AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol and Keystone pipeline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CentralNEFarmer
Posted 11/6/2014 19:59 (#4164249 - in reply to #4163368)
Subject: RE: Ethanol and Keystone pipeline

Custer County, Nebraska
With all the push for Keystone, I don't understand how Keystone is good and ethanol is bad.

Keystone is as far from free market as you can get. Ethanol forces it's way into an infrastructure created by private entities, however those entities main product is shipped by forcing itself through private landowners.

Pipelines merely threatening to use eminent domain destroys a free market when one party cannot say "NO"

The oil industry has used government force to help their business transportation model. We in agriculture know that government help does not come without a gossamer thread attached to the beanies.

If I was in Congress and API wanted the RFS to be market based, I would give them exactly what they wanted provided Keystone and subsequent pipelines would be stripped of the ability to exercise eminent domain AND all landowner agreements regarding the pathway of the TransCanada pipeline would be open for renegotiation over access rights and cost for easement. This time landowners would be able DEMAND what they want not take what they are given.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)