AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oil company wants to put seismic sensors on my place for 6 months...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

aces and eights
Posted 8/31/2014 23:59 (#4049629 - in reply to #4049588)
Subject: RE: oil company wants to put seismic sensors on my place for 6 months...

tx panhandle
Six months seems like a very long time for receivers should be closer to six weeks. Yes you can tell them no. You need to know if it is a proprietary or spec shoot. Then the company who has the minerals leased will have to decide if it is worth it to them to TRO you to access their mineral estate. Some will and some wont. Also you need to know what kind of system they are using for receivers most newer systems are wireless and can be offset through geometry. It might be possible to move things to the fence line or out of the way some place. Five acres is probably not worth messing with and will not screw up their data if this is a big 3d shoot. If they are doing a more localized shoot or frack monitoring they might show a bigger interest in getting the lines through. On the brush clearing you can ask hand clearing only instead of having them cut senderos. The different companies I have been around would comply with that easily on such a small tract. They will work with you until they decide to TRO then they will do what they want. Most little tracts are done are receiver only, walk only, no clearing,. You might want to sign the permit to get the correct addendums and so they can get the proper buffers from the house and water well. Talk to the the agent he might be able to make this a lot less painful.

Edited by aces and eights 9/1/2014 00:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)