AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

uncle sam rewarding bad behavior threw fha loans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

easymoney
Posted 6/1/2014 08:35 (#3896102 - in reply to #3895909)
Subject: RE: Rodney, sometimes

ecmn
bad farmer - 6/1/2014 05:58

sorry mark but how am i going to use fsa/fha. im not broke enough.

when i put up this posti was hoping for some points on what a farmer who wanted more land could do. i posted about farmer wanting or needing more land and hoping for ideas of things some of these younger guys could do rather then just farming more land and that post got hyjacked by talk about loans and spending so i was hoping this loan and spending post my get hyjacked back to helping those guys find some second chance crops or occupations, so here it goes. what can a young farmer who doesnt have enough land to support his family do or raise if he doesnt want to get a job off the FARM?

congrats that you are doing good. but just because someone uses fsa doesn't make them a low life. sorry if I am misreading what you are saying but it sounds like anyone who uses fsa loans is a bad farmer.

I am starting from scratch, no hand me downs on land or equipment, had to rent or buy every acre/equipment. my only option was fsa loans. used them for my first crop loan and that got me going and now I use the regular bank. I am using them now for our first land purchase. hopefully in the future I can be as good as you and not need them.***

as far as young guys wanting more land to make a living off of. you can only do so much with the land you have. i am doing everything possible to get the most return on each acre. plain and simple 300 acres isn't going to provide a living without an off farm job in my area. there is hardly an older farmer in the area that didn't spend a lot of years working off the farm.

i don't know why a small guy cant look for land? if a small guy talks to older neighbors about there land he is being a douche. if a bto gets aggressive about getting more land everyone just shrugs there shoulders and says well that's just so and so. if you are not crossing moral lines and can put your head on your pillow at night then might as well get all the land you can. if you don't the other guy will. there sure are a lot of high on there horse farmers on here when it comes to land talk but at the end of the day i bet they would take the land.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)