AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gig Green Egg Recepies???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WesterOne
Posted 3/23/2014 16:03 (#3771202)
Subject: Gig Green Egg Recepies???

Canmore Ab. Canada
I purchased a Big Green Egg Grill and did the trial run yesterday. We did an 8 pound pork butt for pulled pork and 6 slabs of pork back ribs. It went well and the food was enjoyed but I found it different from my wood pellet Louisiana Grill. The meat stayed very moist and I would have liked a little more smoke but it takes amazingly little fire to keep the grill hot.
I am looking for tips from experienced BBQ experts and especially Big Green Egg users.
Also what are your best recipes.
Thanks in advance. Dan...

I did the Pork butt with a dry rub the day before about 16 hours ahead. Put on the grill at about 230 degrees for 5 hours. Wrapped it with foil and about a cup of apple juice at about 160 degrees. I pulled it off at 195 degrees about 5 hours later and rested it for an hour. I pulled it and refrigerated it as we were going to eat the ribs for supper.

I removed the membrane from the ribs and dry rubbed them about 20 hours ahead. On the grill at 230 degrees for 3 hours then wrapped them in foil with apple juice for 2 hours. I unwrapped them at 165 degrees and brushed them with a honey BBQ sauce and grilled them for about an hour after closing off the vents for the fire. Served and enjoyed.

The rub was a paprika sugar and various spices rub and I applied it liberally using mustard for a sticker.

Dan...

Edited by WesterOne 4/11/2014 21:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)