AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmworks & GS2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 3/26/2008 03:58 (#341998 - in reply to #341889)
Subject: JDRx -- No...

We wrote EASi Rx a year ago as a drag-n-drop shapefile converter for any hardware, and have sold a bunch of them to commercial fertilizer dealers that had bought 4930's.  

I just learned about JDRx last week.  It pretty much looks like a knock off.   However, the significant feature of the JDRx converter is that it requires a new version of GS2 firmware.    I'm not sure if people realize that.    Effectively, for commercial applicators, Deere has dumbed down the GS2 to make it look like a Falcon, Raven, or Insight monitor.   You can just copy prescriptions files to a folder on the card, and from the monitor, pick from a list of available files.    You only know what Rx to pick as a function of the way you name the file.   No client/farm/field structure.   No saved guidance lines.   No predefined field boundaries.   No predefined product list.   etc.   I'm not sure if it creates application logs, but I would guess it does.

I have not loaded the new GS2 firmware on my monitor yet, but it looks to be exactly what the commercial fertilizer dealer was asking for... something that has the same limitations as what they were used to running.   So, JDRx should be a nice supporting tool.   

Do you have any experience with JDRx or the new GS2 firmware?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)