AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 5303 MFWD Utility rear end diff locked in MFWD mode?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 9/9/2013 19:54 (#3318292)
Subject: JD 5303 MFWD Utility rear end diff locked in MFWD mode?

Floyd County, Iowa
I have a 2007 model. Handy, simple little thing, except........
When I have it in 2 wd mode, rear end acts fine- both rear tires turn independently, turns short OK.
When I have it in MFWD, the front pulls, but the rear axle ACTS like I have the diff lock on (which I don't). On dirt, the inside rear tire will "scuff" when turning short. That's hard on the grass if I'm on the lawn, and seems the front is fighting the back, and feels like it's "binding".
On snow, the front will steer if the loader is up and putting weight on the front axle, but without weight, front won't pull left or right- like I have the front end lifted with loader downpressure.
I could understand it if I had the diff lock on, but have only used that once to try it in 2 wd. Don't need it.
I know it's not the same animal as my 8100 mfwd, but thinking something is not quite right.
Anybody know if it's supposed to act like this? Been doing it since I bought it, but have lived with it so far.
It's entirely possible that the first owner did something stupid with the diff lock, but I don't know what it would be.
Hoping someone on here has some experience with these India made units.
If something's wrong, I'll try tearing into it. But right now, don't have a clue where to look of what to look for.
Thanks.

edited to correct wording

Edited by oldbones 9/9/2013 20:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)