AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

maydel/fry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 8/17/2013 14:25 (#3272721 - in reply to #3272591)
Subject: RE: maydel/fry

Hi fry,

frytownfarmer - 8/17/2013 11:29 New topic... Jay, may... I need to learn the mentality of a short/bear... This is the only time I have shorted a market and stupid me got out within a week. I didn't feel comfortable shorting on a now known awesome short call. http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=335812&pos... 1st and only short in my life. I have such a bullish mentality I need that balance of learning the bearish mentality for balance... After learning the forks I have forgotten how i made my market decisions before. Is there a "Bullish Anonymous" class I can take that would help my balance in markets :) that and acting steadier on my chart findings, not my "preconceived thoughts" Here is anothern I didn't act upon for lack of trust in what i saw in the charts... I do think the amount I invest in makes me far too cautious... http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=403466&pos... Been learning a lot from you guys, keep up the good work. I may be slow but I don't think I'm going backwards :)

Think you are being to hard on yourself.  Everybody experiences these same issues. Some of the best traders in the world only trade one way.  Trade to your strengths, and don't worry about your weaknesses.  Do you keep a journal of ALL your trades, good and bad, and after the dust has settled, and you have  clear mind, go back and study it to see what you didn't see the first time?  This is key.  I know because for years, I didn't....and still catch myself trying to take the easy way out once in a while.  Myself, I see some things longs, that I can't no matter how hard I try, see it to the short side.  It's just the way I'm wired.  You see it here in people all the time.  Everytime the dow drops a bit, or crude hits a bump, you got people calling for the crash.  Maybe they have a bet that way, maybe they are just upset that they have missed the boat higher.  Point is, we all have these demons.  Don't sweat it.

We all have overtraded in some form or fashion.  If you can't place the orders and leave them with out constantly having to check what is going on, you are trading too big.   Scale back until you find a size that you mentally become indifferent over.  One of the best traders in the world today, writes a check in the air for the amount he is willing to bet.  In his mind, it helps remove any emotional ties to the money, and allows him to be indifferent....as far as he is concerned, the money is spent.  Now the only thing left is the profit side of the equation.  When you become emotionally disconnected to the trade, then you can observe the market, and not let your mind play tricks on you the whole time.  Remember, you never get smarter once your in the trade! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)