AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 18 1/2 year old daughter drops a bomb
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ekeller2
Posted 6/6/2013 21:55 (#3141983 - in reply to #3132641)
Subject: Re: My 18 1/2 year old daughter drops a bomb

So. IL
CRJ - 6/2/2013 07:01

Bully for you ! Just remember that the ones who made your great success possible made a huge sacrafice for you by serving in the military. You may think that joining is dumb but without a military that is superior to all others you could not enjoy your life. Bring back the draft I say so guys like you can learn to appreciate what others sacrafice to keep this country free. Never, ever,look down your nose at anyone who enters the service of their country. My son left for West Point and Air Assault school last night.

I never look down on anyone! Where did that cheep shot come from? I stated what I thought, there are other careers available. Thats what I said. Both my grandpa's served in WW2, dad was drafted in vietnam, and also served in the guard. All told me to find another path in life. Im not against anyone joining, but know there is alot of pressure that can be placed on someone at this age. I had my dealings with a arrogent recruter, and I will say again, he was out to make a quota and protect his job.

Edited by ekeller2 6/7/2013 06:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)