AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 18 1/2 year old daughter drops a bomb
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KSUFarmer
Posted 6/1/2013 21:25 (#3132153 - in reply to #3131038)
Subject: Re: My 18 1/2 year old daughter drops a bomb

Man, pretty harsh. As a 17 year veteran going on 20, I must really disagree. Most recruiters are not "protecting" their jobs. It's because of them that we are the best military in the world. We have to let people know about this organization somehow. Most wouldn't know a thing about the military had they not met a recruiter. Many go on enjoying it to make a career. You may make more money, but do you have the internal pride of serving your nation and making it a safer place for millions? What you do is important, but I'd venture to say not on the level of serving your nation. Just remember, if no one joined, your behind may have been drafted. I have a huge pride in my time served in the states and oversees alike. I happen to be an officer, but most recruiters I have known are the sharpest, handpicked members we have. College and trade school is nice, but if someone is able and wants to, the military is awesome. I will be 43 when I retire and will have medical and retirement pay for as long as I live- can't beat that! (plus 10% discounts at many stores!) It's a nice trade for my years away from my family sitting in a desert somewhere.

More power to the OP. Tell her to get her degree if she hasn't and get into officer training. She won't regret that move someday!

Edited by KSUFarmer 6/1/2013 21:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)