AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Guidance in Headlands with EZ-Guide+
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 2/17/2008 23:29 (#312534 - in reply to #312457)
Subject: RE: OK, looking at the EZ Boom site.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I can do it with my EZG+ since installing the 4.11 firmware and a boom switch. You do not use the headlands mode, just the A/B and A+ mode.
With the boom switch, the light bar only recognizes what has been sprayed. I don't know, but I suspect that a boom switch has to be part of the EZ Boom package.
Using the field example we used in the other post. Spray the west side of the field from north to south, 2 boom passes so you can turn around on it, turn off the boom and do the same two boom passes on the east side.
Then spray two passes on the south end of the field.
The light bar will remember all you have sprayed on the east, south and west sides of the field.
Now starting on your third pass at the south end of the field, make east/west passes working your way to the north end of the field. When you are close enough to the north end of the field so you will have less than 1 boom width left on the last pass, manually steer the sprayer along the north field boundary so the excess boom width hangs over your last east / west spray pass.
EZ Boom should have turned off enough nozzles on the south side of the boom so that second to last pass is not re sprayed, and it should have turned off the sprayer every time you entered the east and west headlands.
By using this method, you should be able to do 100% coverage with no overlap or skips using EZ steer on all but the outside field border passes which must be manually steered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)