AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Guidance in Headlands with EZ-Guide+
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 2/17/2008 18:02 (#312205 - in reply to #312161)
Subject: OK, looking at the EZ Boom site.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Looking at the little cartoon running on the EZ Boom site, it looks to me like finishing that little strip at the last part of the field with EZ Boom, should be a piece of cake compared to trying to do it manually.

http://www.trimble.com/aggps_ezboom.shtml

If you only put headlands on two sides, say the east/ west sides of the field, wide enough so you can turn around, then start spraying at the south end of the field . You start at the south edge of the field, working in an east west A/B pattern after the south field edge pass, working toward the north end of the field. The EZ Boom will turn off all nozzles when you reach either headland, so no overlap on the east/west headlands.
When you get to the north end of the field and have less than 1 boom width to the north edge of the field, you set the end of the boom on the north border of the field, and overlap the excess boom to the last pass on the south side.
EZ Boom will turn off enough nozzles to eliminate re spraying the partial pass your boom is now overlapping from the second to last pass.

Looks to me like it should work ok on anything from a narrow field length strip, to a triangular wedge in an odd shaped field.

This should also allow you to lay out the outside headline pass , or south field border pass to the shape of the field border , while the second can be a nice straight A/B pass with EZ Boom turning off enough nozzles on that second pass to not re spray your first crooked field edge pass.
Looks to me like it should work .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)