AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Guidance in Headlands with EZ-Guide+
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/17/2008 16:38 (#312161 - in reply to #312140)
Subject: RE: No Guidance in Headlands with EZ-Guide+

houghta3 - 2/17/2008 14:56 does it make a difference if you set your AB line before or after you make your headland passes. the easiest way around this problem is to stop using the headland pattern. it is a complete waste of time to use that pattern when using the 500 and especially when using ez-boom. you have a coverage map to show you on screen where the headland is, and with the ez-boom, it will shut that boom off for you anyway. i only use the AB or the A+ and never have the problem you guys are mentioning -mike

My understanding is that with the EZ-Boom if you use the headland pattern the sprayer will not turn on outside of the field boundary even if you hang your boom over your neighbors corn that isn't Roundup Ready. To me that's pretty important just in case I forget to hit the floor switch because I've been depending on the EZ-Boom so much. You might say "don't forget" and I can be 99% certain that I won't, however, what happens when a new hired hand is running it? I'd like to train people to shut it off manually as well but if they forget I want a safety factor built in.... 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)