AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mojoRTK experiences ::UPDATE 1::
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/16/2008 09:19 (#311056 - in reply to #310780)
Subject: regarding mojoRTK competitive value

When I started this post I wanted to share my (admittedly limited) experiences with the mojoRTK unit and make users aware of possible alternatives at the same time. With the current pricing scheme of the mojoRTK unit and an EZ-Steer motor being a combined total of $16,500, I tried to limit the price of alternatives to that same dollar figure. It is becoming more apparent to me that there are some other things to consider when comparing the value of the mojoRTK unit to other products.

1. Do you have a reliable RTK network available to you? If you do not have a reliable RTK network available in your area that you can subscribe to at a reasonable cost and you require more accuracy than OmniSTAR HP then the mojoRTK unit is probably a very good value for you. To get RTK accuracy from other companies you may have to double the cost because of the price of a base station. Before you make an expensive decision like this it is imperative that you talk to other people in your area who subscribe to local RTK networks and see what their experiences are. Learn about coverage, reliability, annual cost, support, etc.

2. Do you want control of your RTK signal just because? Honestly, that's a little bit the way we are and since we were able to get the mojoRTK at a cheaper price than the current pricing scheme offers we don't feel too bad about our decision. It is our understanding that we have 8 hours of steer time before we have to decide whether to take it back or not and we're continuing to research to decide if we should let go of that reasoning. If you are considering your options the best value may very well boil down to whether you have and are willing to use a reliable RTK network in your area.

Edited by dpilot83 2/17/2008 16:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)