AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help plumbing Hiniker Anhydrous heat exchanger.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 4/25/2013 18:47 (#3062896)
Subject: Need help plumbing Hiniker Anhydrous heat exchanger.

NW Ohio
I am plumbing a 30ft. sidedress bar with with six knives on 60 " centers that will be fed by a Hiniker controller and heat exchanger. The manual is not very clear how this should be done. I want to make sure that each knife gets the same amount of N and I have a Squibb Taylor manifold with the orifices in it. One diagram makes it look like I should take 4 outlets from the manifold straight to the knives and 2 of them should go from the manifold to the refrigerant inlets of the cooler, then out of the cooler with 1/2" hoses to the other two knives. Is this correct? Will the two lines that go through the cooler provide the same rate as the others or is that flow restricted? Other diagrams show running a hose from the manifold to each knife and then welding a 1/2 " tube behind the 3/8" tube on two of them and running the refrigerant lines to them but I don't think the distribution would be even this way. I am usually running around 130-150lbs act. N /acre if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)