AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SO you want to feed a small group of cattle-best feed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 2/7/2013 06:27 (#2880847)
Subject: SO you want to feed a small group of cattle-best feed

western iowa,by Denison
Wow lots of guys wanting to feed smaller groups of cattle-2-50 head,after 40 plus years of feeding somethings do not change-Earcorn,now repeat that 10 times-EARCORN-if you want a perfect feed to feed that 400# calf-or that 900# yearling,or that cow that needs 60 days after dry up-interesting post's-what should I feed my cattle? Earcorn-Lets do the math-its at least 10% more feed per acre over shell corn,comes with the roughage package-and is realitively easy to feed-a # of supplement per head and earcorn,maybe a bite of grass hay or alfalfa-2-4# hay per head-(spoilage-?) we always cribbed it in wood and round cribs-have ground earcorn that was 5 years old,
You dont need -silage,glutten or anything else as that earcorn can be limit feed to that 400# calf and can be full feed for that 1000#,you will need a earcorn picker or someone that would sell you some earcorn-I always figured 100 bushel to feed a 400# but always had some left over-and a good grinder helps also!

Nice to see some guys wanting to feed small groups-if I was to do small groups I would feed earcorn-we feed earlage as I plum wore out my landlady back in 1990 when we picked 1000-150 bushel loads of earcorn!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)