AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Great Grain Robbery 1972
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/13/2008 14:43 (#282255 - in reply to #282222)
Subject: Re: Great Grain Robbery 1972

A very good read. While I never worked for them, Cargill had style. I visited office 'on the lake' one day as I was in town & had a college classmate friend who did work for them. He took me over to the office of Whitney McMillan who was very gracious & friendly and had just returned that morning from a visit the previous evening at the White House with President Johnson. They have always been aggressively performance minded and did strive for excellence (don't know about today) & Mr. McMillan took me for a stroll down to the tennis courts & the small exercise area as he felt it was important executive grain traders (knowing the pressure) had the opportunity to work off the stress. I was very impressed with him. While his office was huge, I noted his desk was rather tiny and most of the furniture was oriented towards a casual atmosphere...a lot of overstuff chairs & tables...I doubt he did much paperwork anyway, as it was obvious who was in control and am sure he spent most of his time in discussions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)