AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's take a poll...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/28/2012 19:31 (#2665893 - in reply to #2665246)
Subject: Re: Let's take a poll...

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
foggyday - 10/28/2012 09:22

Seriously, do guys steal other guys' cattle? It just seems so parochial. Maybe that's not the right word. Illegal maybe is a better word.

Isn't that what started the Hatfields and McCoy's perennial fight?

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/20100104-Cattle-rustling-amounts-to-...

Lot of cattle went missing few years ago over east of here, where OR/NV/ID meet. Unless you've been out there it is hard to understand how wide open and desolate that area is. I'll say one thing for the guys who pulled it off, they were brave. Kind of country where if you got caught, you might never be found again. I think they had some leads on who it was, never really remember if they caught them or not. Obviously the brands weren't foolproof, my guess is they trucked them a long ways. Anyway, in that situation where cows might have a several hundred squared mile 'pasture', brands are the best way to ID. This sort of rustling isn't common, but cows drifting and getting mixed up does happen. It is a lot different than in the east, where most cows are located around a home farm. Also a lot different than a dairy, where people are present most all of the time and there is a lot more security.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)