AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmco Bale Feeder Wagon with price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 7/25/2012 00:54 (#2504312 - in reply to #2504208)
Subject: RE: Farmco Bale Feeder Wagon with price

south central IOWA
That's an awfully high price to spend on a "bale ring". Now bear with me because I haven't looked into these so maybe I can get some education. Just random thoughts of mine.

A 7x20 feeder has, I would assume roughly the same feeding capacity as 2- 8ft bale rings. I also assume you can put 4- 5x6 bales into the feeder. So now let's say we can feed 40 cows from either 2 bale rings or 1 of these feeders. I'll stand behind the fact that, the more hay you put out that a group of cows can clean up in "X" amount of hours, the more they will waste.

They claim 30% savings for the hay savers but from what I see it isn't that much. They do save some but not like they claim. IMO

So now I'm thinking, are you really saving anything? Put 4 bales out for the cows to sort through and waste VS. 2 bale rings they clean up in roughly 48 hours but waste "X" amount.

Those wagons would stay out of the manure but yet they do have the floor that would hold hay and moisture to help speed up the rusting so it might be a catch 22.

If you're looking for a way to save on hay this year because things are so tight, I would think it would be money ahead to get your hay ground and feed with a cheap feed wagon. It also opens up possibilities to adding some of this drought stricken silage.

IDK just random thoughts tonight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)