AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop insurance again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 7/4/2012 23:56 (#2467296)
Subject: Crop insurance again.

north west arkansas
I think what alot of you guys that have big amounts of insurance coverage for small amounts of premiums dont realize is that those of use that farm in areas that the weather is much more unfavorable have to pay premiums 10 to 20 times the amount of premiums you guys are talking about. One of the replies below said he had $799 of coverage for $2.90 premium and in our area you would pay 10 times that amount for probably a third the amount of gaurantee. I usually only buy cat policies on everything plus a hail and fire on wheat. This year though a bought a little extra on wheat and corn but not on beans. We basically have never qualified for any claims but I have always been of the mindset that if the good lord was willing we would do whatever it took to make a crop and farm another year. I guess it would be easier just to put alot of coverage on the crop and not have to do the work, but hey thats not for me. If I can find my quotes for this last year I will try and post them in another thread.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)