AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is great help worth
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 6/28/2012 09:47 (#2454356 - in reply to #2454324)
Subject: RE: My question is.......

The marriage part is likely a bigger part of one's decision, be it by choice or not, to be employed vs. self employed, than many realize.

...At the end of the day, I would think the farm owner needs to bring more value to the farm than does the employee. 
Don't you agree???

No. But if you care to eleaborate on it further, it might be interesting. Even in a new thread if needed.

...if the employee can do it all,  why WOULDN'T they want to start their own farm?  The farm owner needs to keep this thought in the back of their mind, and act accordingly if they want to keep said valued employee.

This too, does not fall under some guideline setting written in a book somewhere. "Thought provoking", at least to me, means to perhaps acknowledge the past, but not be set by it. If one can "think" outside the box as they say, one might be surprised at some of the arrangements that are come up with. My area was full of 20, 30, and even a few 50 year employment arrangements. I've been here now 25 years. My family even ownes a few hundred acres of farm land. I choose not to pursue it. It is rented to a non family, outside farmer.

Please do not take any of my perhaps poorly written text in any sort of personal way, or attack on your thoughts. I sometimes have issues conveying the proper emotional state in written text.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)