AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spreadsheets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 12/5/2011 14:45 (#2085770)
Subject: Spreadsheets

Nevada, Iowa
This is probably the wrong forum but a thread below about spreadsheets got me to thinking about my first exposure to them. Surprisingly. I can recall a great bit of detail about our first computer with amazing accuracy (accuracy, at least in my mind) ! I bought it used from a friend that had out grown it in his business. It was an Apple 3 and it actually had a hard drive and two external floppy drives (the original floppy's that were about 5" in dia.) The operating system as I recall was called "pro dos" and the hard drive was recognized as a "pro file". I spent numerous hours trying to create spreadsheets in a program called "3 easy pieces". It was a data base, spreadsheet and word processor all under one roof. It was some valuable learning time and it really makes me appreciate Excel now.

I use spreadsheets extensively although it is important to remember that they are only as accurate as the information supplied by the idiot behind the keyboard. But I do have a couple of questions - how many of you use spreadsheets in crop production and do you remember what computer you were using when you first navigated through a spreadsheet?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)