AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

early fungicide results?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TrentonKY
Posted 9/11/2011 08:46 (#1956778 - in reply to #1956734)
Subject: Re: early fungicide results?

Trenton, KY
I'm going to throw my iron in the fire and say that in "our" check strips on "our" farms and with "our" farming practices on corn we have seen a consistent 8 bu. / ac. gain from Headline applied between tassel and brown silk. This is applied with a ground rig with twin fan tips and 20 GPA of water, and with no surfactants. The sprayer has a 100' boom and we shell with an 8 row header, so when he leaves me a 100' skip in a field I go out and count the rows and place flags at the ends of the boom. Since he is covering 20 rows at a time I shell an eight row pass straddling the end of the boom on each end. This is to clean up any potential drift so the test isn't potentially swayed. After I shell the cleanup strips it leaves me two 16 row rounds in the middle of the unsprayed strip to check against the sprayed corn on the other side of the cleanup strip on each side. Last year we left out three different check strips in two different corns and the results are as follows.

Location 1 - +5 bushels on one side of the boom and +9 bushels on the other side of the boom. This was in 170 bushel corn. The moisture was about .3% higher because of the increased plant health of the sprayed corn.
Location 2 - +9 bushels on one side of the boom and +11 bushels on the other side of the boom. This was in 195 bushel corn. The moisture was about .5% higher because of the increased plant health of the sprayed corn.
Location 3 - +6 bushels on one side of the boom and +13 bushels on the other side of the boom. This was in 165 bushel corn. The moisture was about .2% higher because of the increased plant health of the sprayed corn.

I hope this helps because these are real results from our farm, and I feel like if we have a good crop at tassel time and we have good soil moisture, and if there is any disease we will probably spray a large portion of our corn acres, especially no-till corn on corn if we have any. Because if you have disease anywhere around you will be able to find it in no-till corn on corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)