AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed wheat treatments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 9/8/2011 07:42 (#1952073 - in reply to #1951780)
Subject: RE: Seed wheat treatments

Martinsville, Ohio

In Ohio, they are to me.  I have reported several times the good results we have had with the Gaucho package on wheat seed with T-22, now with even better fungi marketed in ABM's SabrEx.  TJ's QuickRoots for wheat is more popular in the west.

Here we are facing dry soils rewetted by Hurricane Lee and crops so late I wonder how much Soft Red Winter Wheat will get planted, even at the $8.22 price some used last week.  A seed treatment would be a must in my opinion in our situation but yours is different and yes it is a serious decision and a good question to post today.

Seed wheat is rarely offered without a fungicide in Ohio unless you are planting seed cleaned out of the bin and then I would treat my own or have it treated.

The bottom picture shows 2 lbs of Tillage Radish planted with a 2 million seed rate of wheat but they don't drill well together and you need a seeder or broadcast setup to plant them correctly.  I have gotten an extra 12 bushel of wheat with them in the mix several times but the focus here is on the main crop, wheat, and wheat seed treatment.

Ed

Edited by Ed Winkle 9/8/2011 07:48

(2009_0305wheatspring35090009.JPG)

(Oct 07 057.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2009_0305wheatspring35090009.JPG (45KB - 207 downloads)
Attachments Oct 07 057.jpg (102KB - 225 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)