AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide 500 NMEA output to AFS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/29/2007 07:52 (#195001 - in reply to #194851)
Subject: RE: EZ Guide 500 NMEA output to AFS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Strange - Does the signal return when you set the 500 back to WAAS?

Do you really need RMC and GSA ON? I'm not that familiar with your AFS monitor but in the past I thought that only GGA and VTG needed to be ON. I don't know why that should have any effect anyway. In the past with older Ag Leader monitors, having more strings ON than necessary had some determental effects but if it seems to work fine with WAAS this is probably not the answer.

I have some of the same equipment as you but not the exact combination that you are having problems with.

When I have my Insight running in the same tractor as my EZ-Guide 500 using WAAS, I pick up GPS out of the laptop connection of the Autopilot harness. This works fine at most any setting since the Insight is very forgiving. I usually use a fairly high BAUD rate but that is really not very critical.

I also use this Insight in a different tractor using a 332 as the GPS source (Omnistar XP), I am again using Autopilot so the GPS passes through the Autopilot harness to the Inisight. This works fine also.

Maybe the problem has something to do with the 50 Hz update rate that is used when the 500 using WAAS works with the EZ-Steer. I don't know what the update rate is when the 500 is used with Omnistar and EZ-Steer. With your combination of equipment where is the GPS out to another device (AFS Monitor) attached? Does it come out of the T2 controller or more directly out of the 500 itself?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)